TransferJet PHYSICAL Layer(PHY) basics
This page on TransferJet physical layer(PHY) covers basic features of TransferJet physical layer and mention TransferJet PHY transmitter block diagram.
Physical layer works as per TransferJet frame structure defined in the specifications. The frame typically consists of preamble, sync and payload.
The following are the functions performed at TransferJet physical layer(TransferJet PHY).
• Insertion of preamble used for synchronization.
• Insertion of header(SYNC) used to provide useful data payload information such as length.
• It does forward error correction.
• It does spreading using direct sequence spread spectrum technique.
• It does scrambling operation.
• It does modulation of the scrambled data.
|PHY parameter||TransferJet Support|
|Chip Rate (Rc)||560 MCPS|
|Chip Duration(Tc = 1/Rc)||1.786 nsec|
|Symbol rate (Rs)||280 MSPS|
|RF carrier frequency||4.48 GHz|
|Modulation techniques||π/2 BPSK , DSSS|
|FEC technique||1/2 Convolutional Encoding , Reed Solomon Encoding|
Table-1: TransferJet PHY parameters
TransferJet physical layer(PHY) Transmitter
As shown in the figure-1, TransferJet physical layer consists of various modules as mentioned above. The data from upper layer(CNL layer) is broken into 224 byte blocks before being provided as input to the TransferJet PHY.
TransferJet basic resources
Other Physical Layers
• Wireless physical layer overview
• 11b physical layer
• 11a physical layer
• 11n physical layer
• GSM Physical layer
• Zigbee Physical layer
• Bluetooth Physical layer
• WLAN 802.11ac Physical layer
• WLAN 802.11ad Physical layer