Academic-RF FAQ section (RF Interview Questions and Answers)
This page covers very useful RF FAQs for those appearing for interview. These are useful as viva questions. Also refer RF Interview Questions and Answers.
Following is a list of RF FAQs based on rf design, rf development and rf testing areas:
1. If the frequency were 12GHz, what would be the wavelength?
a) 25mm b) 2.5mm c) 0.25 mm d) 250mm
2. Explain S parameters.
3. What is 1dB compression point of an amplifier?
4. What is 3rd order intercept point of an amplifier?
5. What is the typical thumb rule between P1dB and TOI point?
6. Write Noise figure equation.
7. What is the input and output back-off of an amplifier?
8. What is the noise floor?
9. For a given permittivity of 4 and permeability of 2, what is the wave impedance?
a) 266.5 b) 533.0 c) 377.0 d) 133.2
10. What is the VSWR and Return loss equation?
11. Explain the difference between Duplexer and Diplexer?
12. Which TEM mode is supported in Micro-strip line?
13. What is the noise temperature of the LNA?
14. Where is the LNA typically placed in wireless receiver and why?
15. A 1km long microwave link uses two antennas each having 30dB gain. If the power transmitted by one antenna is 1w at 3GHz the power received by the other antenna isv
a) 98.6 m watts b) 63.4 m watts c) 76.8 m watts d) 55.2 m watts
16. A rectangular air filled wave-guide has cross section of 4cm x 10 cm. The minimum frequency which can propagate in the wave-guide is
a) 1.5 GHz b) 2 GHz c) 2.5 GHz d) 3.5 GHz
17. What is the frequency range if the antenna is operating at Ku-band?
a) 4-8GHz b) 8-12GHz c) 12-18GHz d) 18-27GHz
18. What is the typical range of near field region?
19. The far-field region is commonly taken to exist at (D is the maximum overall dimension of the source)
a) Distances greater than 2D2/ from the source
b) Distances lesser than /4 from the source
c) Distances greater than /4 from the source
d) Distances lesser than 2D2/ from the source
20. If source impedance is 50 Ohms and the load impedance is 100 Ohms, what will be the line impedance of the Quarter Wave Transformer?
a) 14.14 Ohms b) 50 Ohms c) 1.414 Ohms d) 70.7 Ohms
21. Zigbee network is mainly used for
a) Signaling and Monitoring
b) High Speed Data Transfer
c) Voice Transfer
d) Video Transmission
22. Which type of transmission line will have maximum value of characteristic impedance
a) Open Wire line
b) Coaxial Cable
c) Twin lead line
23. Describe circular polarization.
The signal travels both vertically and horizontally.
20. What is the filters function?
21. What filter types are there?
>Low-pass (all frequencies below are allowed to pass in), high-pass, bandpass (all frequencies of a given bandwidth are allowed) and band-reject.
22. What are saw filters used for?
>Very low frequency filtering.
23. What are mixers used for?
>To change the frequency of the signal.
24. What's a super-heterodyne receiver?
> It's a receiver that uses two mixers in a row.
25. Describe VCO.
>Voltage-controlled oscillators change the frequency of the produced sine wave depending on the voltage they receive.
26. What do you mean by EIRP?
FAQ-Top 10,12,15 Interview Questions and Answers
GSM Interview Questions and Answers
LTE Interview Questions and Answers
RF Interview Questions and Answers
Telecom Interview Questions and Answers
WCDMA Interview Questions and Answers
WiMAX Interview Questions and Answers
WLAN Interview Questions and Answers